The University of St Andrews Research Data Management survey is still open at
- baseline your current RDM practices
- gather your requirements for RDM
- raise awareness of Research Data Services
- identify where and on what topics one-to-one meetings, training, etc. could be held
- scope the upcoming research data repository requirements.
We have several responses so far (and a few meetings with researchers) and some interesting observations from these are:
- the diversity of data types
- the difference in size or amount of data files
- the strong presence of non-digital data such as lab notebooks
- RDM training is required across the board
- awareness in funder requirements and RDM in general needs to be raised.
It’s hoped that some of these questions will be answered when the website goes live; and please remember you can email us at email@example.com if you have any questions you would like answered on any aspect of Research Data Management.